Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 933242
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match the job and role in which they work. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- Join a truly Omni first business committed to continually growing and evolving the digital strategy and roadmap
- An opportunity that has great scope, to influence and improve the lives and experience of all our customers, and accelerates innovation across the organisation
You will get to
- Solve complex problems and build reliable, scalable and maintainable applications that help our business grow
- Build delightful online customer experiences to make Myer the most loved shopping experience
- Work with self-organising agile teams, improve team efficiency and deliver high-quality experiences
- Drive quality and improve the testability of system architecture for the online business
- Play an active role leading a cross functional, highly engaged team and focus on planning and executing technical change
- Learn new stuff, have fun and grow your career
About the role
- Lead a great team of software development engineers
- Coach and empower them to drive continuous lean/agile delivery practices
- Establish and maintain quality governance mechanisms throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Drive engineering excellence across the broader software development group through application of industry best-practice, e.g. t-shaping, pairing, test-driven development and chapter meetings.
- Create a positive team culture in which collaboration and innovation are built into the operating model and failures are considered learning opportunities
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and a solutions focused environment within the team and with stakeholders
- Relevant experience as a software engineer
- Experience in leading/managing teams to success. Someone who gets the best out of the team and helps to nurture and develop the team to success
- Experience working with modern software practices including micro-services environment and containerisation
- Have lead continuous Delivery and Build Automation pipelines
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and ability to build consensus across teams
- Experience working in an agile and devops environment to establish strong technical standards, practices and frameworks
- A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution.
- Other desirable skills and experience:
- IBM Websphere Commerce
- IBM Sterling
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, Cloudformation, API gateway)
- CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Ansible and GIT
- Retail experience
Benefit to you:
- Team member discount
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Service Recognition
- Inspirational People Awards
- Career growth and succession opportunities across the business
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time