Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937610
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
The Data Engineer is part of the shared services team and is responsible for the design, creation and maintenance of data pipleline for large-scale solutions.
The Data Engineer will help expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for Unified Commerce solution. In addition, the Data Engineer will have astute awareness of their broader organisational context and are keenly focused on the supportability of their work and on realising small increments of value frequently.
About the role:
- Estimate work on the backlog and break down stories into logical units of work
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline
- Produce documentation including technical specifications
- Develop data sets that meet business and functional business requirements
- Implement standards, process improvements and automations
- Translate and build the required solution including infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data utilizing ‘big data’ technologies
- Participate in regular design meetings and code reviews
- Guide and support the DevOps Engineer and Backend Developer team members, providing mentorship and training opportunities.
- 5+ years (mid-senior level) hands on experience in building secure AWS cloud environments
- Demonstrable experience in building data integration solutions
- Strong experience with the following AWS services: Glue, RDS, DMS, EventBridge, lambda, API Gateway
- Demonstrable experience of building highly available and secure services in AWS
- Good knowledge of cloud services and concepts such as serverless, infrastructure as code
- Experience with Jenkins and/or other CI servers (CI/CD pipeline)
- Experience with Monitoring and Logging tools such as Splunk
- Solid CloudFormation skills
- Sound understanding of RDMS and SQL
- Nice to have: experience with DB2
- Worked in agile teams with focus on quality and continuous improvement.
Benefits to you:
- Play a crucial part in developing Myer's OMNI Digital product and technology roadmaps
- Exposure to latest technology stacks
- Generous team member discount across all Myer products
- Service Recognition and Inspirational People Awards
- Career growth and succession opportunities across the business.
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time