Job no: 937646
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Roselands - Regional Office, Albury, Bankstown, Blacktown, Bondi, Castle Hill, Charlestown, Chatswood, Dubbo, Eastgardens, Erina, Liverpool, Macquarie, Miranda, Parramatta, Penrith, Roselands, Shellharbour, Sydney City, Wagga, Warringah, Eastern Creek - DC, Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
Be part of a team who loves coming to work each day. A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work.
- Senior business leadership opportunities created by internal succession
- Drive meaningful, industry-leading work across a complex remit
- Bring your merchant skills to an employer with a long-standing history of supporting local communities and charities.
Australia’s most loved and trusted department store is more than a shopping destination. It is home to exclusive, partner and concession brands and a true Omni-retailer; each store fulfilling 340,000 – 630,000 units of online orders.
Running a Myer business is not your typical retail store management role. Myer Retail Leadership roles deliver our Customer First strategy across a remit of 200->500 diverse team members, in a $45 - >$170-million-dollar business.
Recently, Myer has enabled the growth of its people, seeing many leaders step into their next career move interstate and corporate functions, leading to a number of senior retail opportunities in NSW.
About the Opportunity:
- Engage your merchant skills in a complex environment to drive our successful Customer First strategy across a large-format department store, offering a wide range of product categories across a mix of business models (concession, company-owned and brand partners)
- Leveraging a well- established, trusted brand with a market-leading loyalty program, engage the consumer to optimise the productivity of space and other commercial retail financials
- In collaboration with the wider location management (8-19 team members), inspire a culture aligned with the Myer values.
- Oversee the business operations, brand-partner relationships, visual merchandising standards.
- You consider yourself a career retailer – a merchant – driven by a passion for retail business
- Years of experience progressing up the ranks of the shop floor to management have honed your business acumen.
- You walk a shopping centre unintentionally analysing and mentally optimising sale tactics
- You inspire the large team you lead, advocating for professional growth and developing capability
- Houseproud with an appreciation for visual merchandising and store standards
- Optimising an Omni-business including retail service standards & efficient online fulfilment
- Organised and influential, you can spearhead and deliver project implementation
- Potentially a National or Area Manager in the specialty retail space looking to extend their general merchant skills across a wide remit.
- Development opportunities
- Generous exclusive employee discount on Myer’s wide range of products
- Flexible retail rosters
- Access to volunteer, Company paid parental and lifestyle leave opportunities
- Celebrate success through the Myer Inspirational People Awards and Service Recognition programs
- Involvement in impactful, progressive projects relating to accelerating store technology transformation
- Comprehensive wellness resources including mental health, movement & fitness, health & nutrition, sleep, access to an EAP and financial wellbeing.
More than just a shopping destination, don’t miss this opportunity to explore the great career path at Myer.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time