Category Buyer Assistant Opportunities
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: BUYING
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
We are seeking expressions of interest for talented and enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for the retail industry to join our Merchandise Buying Office as a 'Category Buyer Assistant'.
If you have previous experience in a Merchandise Buying Office combined with retail and administration experience, then this is the position for you!
About the role
- Support the Buying team with system and administration related functions
- Product management and maintenance, including but not limited to: sample management, product registration and range book development and maintenance
- Support the end to end marketing process by completing key tasks, including: loading promotions, creating tickets for stores, and ensuring all product is photographed for online
- Manage positive and productive relationships with suppliers, store teams and internal stakeholders
- Experience in Retail or Customer Service
- Strong administration skills and excellent attention to detail
- Relevant Tertiary education
- Strong customer focus with a professional approach
- Good planning and time management skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- A team player with a 'can do attitude'
- Previous experience or exposure to a Merchandise Buying Office will be highly regarded
Benefits to you:
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Generous discounts on all Myer products
- Invitations to attend Myer's Sample sales
- A great sense of job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
- Career succession planning and opportunities for growth & development
Your application will be kept on file and we will be in contact should a suitable position matching your application become available. Please note that all Category Buyer Assistant positions are permanent full time positions (Monday – Friday) and are located at the Myer Support Office in Docklands, Victoria.
Click on the "Apply" button below to express you interest.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time