Garment Technician - Childrenswear
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 933747
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- Exciting Permanent Opportunity
- Critical role to Myer’s Product Development
- Great location in Docklands, close to trams, trains and great coffee!
Myer is looking for a Garment technician to supply technical support to product development and production of our Myer exclusive Childrenswear labels: Sprout, Milkshake, Jack & Milly, Origami, Tilii & Bauhaus.
Join our dynamic team of professionals providing technical support to our product development team and off shore manufacturers. Responsibilities include providing accurate specifications, achieving consistent fit, maintaining standards and quality whilst managing a critical path.
About the role:
- Develop accurate product specifications
- Provide detailed technical instructions to off shore vendors
- Conduct and lead effective fit sessions in a professional manner
- Supply legislative compliance and business requirements
- Identify and maintain key shapes, blocks & sizing
- Manage workload to meet critical and business needs
- Delivering clear instructions
- Ensure company KPI are achieved
- Manage product quality standards
- Conduct store inspections
- Contribute to process development
- Solid experience in a similar role
- Childrenswear product experience
- Detailed eye for balance, styling and quality
- Tertiary qualification in garment manufacture and or patternmaking
- Knowledge & experience of Excel, formulas and spreadsheets
- Knowledge & experience of fabric testing
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Sound understanding of Childrenswear body shape, grade and proportions
- Understanding of legislative compliance and business requirements
- Ability to cross function in variety of product types
- Conduct business to Myer values
- Critical to Myer’s Product Development
Benefits to you:
- Generous Team Member discounts on all Myer products
- A supportive leadership and team environment
- A great sense of achievement and job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
- Central location, close to good transport links
More than just a shopping destination, don’t miss this opportunity to explore the great career path at Myer.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time