Garment Technologist - Menswear
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 934230
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- Permanent Part time opportunity (3-4 days)
- Critical to Myer’s Product Development
- Great location in Docklands, close to trams, trains and great coffee!
Please note that this role is a permanent part time position that will require 3-4 days availability.
The Garment Technologist – Menswear role will work in conjunction with the Product Development teams to support with product design and execution and manage this right through to delivery into store. Major role responsibilities will be to ensure accurate and consistent fit, great quality and maintaining commercial standards of our Myer Exclusive branded products.
About the role:
- Develop and maintain detailed product technical specifications for the menswear category
- Provide detailed technical instructions to overseas suppliers
- Provide design and technical support to the Design and Product Development team
- Ensure company objectives and KPI’s are achieved
- Manage and lead fit sessions
- Identify and maintain key shapes and block specifications
- To process fit samples within business timelines and adhering to the critical path
- To manage test reports and make commercial decisions in relation to any failures
- Solid experience in a similar role working in menswear
- Extensive retail/trade experience in product development processes
- Ability to problem solve and make commercial decision on product issues
- Good understanding of body shape, grading and proportions
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Open to change management and seek innovation opportunities
- Understanding of legislative requirements
- IT Literate in Microsoft Office, Illustrator
- Knowledge and understanding of fabric testing
- Tertiary qualification in garment manufacture and or patternmaking
Benefits to you:
- Generous Team Member discounts on all Myer products
- A supportive leadership and team environment
- A great sense of achievement and job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
- Central location, close to good transport links
More than just a shopping destination, don’t miss this opportunity to explore the great career path at Myer.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time