Design Coordinator - Boyswear
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 934617
Work type: Permanent / Part time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- Permanent Part Time opportunity (4 Days)
- An exciting opportunity to further develop your design career within a progressive and business within the Childrenswear team
- Join an exciting team who drive innovated product
- A real opportunity to influence product at the design phase and own the range development across Boys Babywear in Sprout
About the role:
- Assist the Category Buyer in the ranging and development of seasonal product and brand initiatives including trend concepts & colour palettes, deliver original print art work that carries the vision of the brand
- You will be responsible for briefing out to manufacturers all art work packs, working with the product development team to oversee strike off approvals of your art work is correct to your designs
- Working closely with the Category Buyer in the design brief, you will be responsible for influencing and designing product at concept phase through to production
- Work to deliver our brand vision through the creation of original artwork through the use of CAD & illustration along with accurate design packs with specifications
- Prepare technical specifications of your print designs that are suitable for production including briefing the placement, size, colouration, and type of printing methodology
- Focus on forecasting for each season covering key trends, colours and shapes you will be an integral part of the design process at Myer
- Tertiary education in textiles with a focus on design or equivalent industry experience related to the design role
- You will have flexible handwriting with the ability to reflect different trends and graphics along with an understanding of costing garments
- Ability to demonstrate a high skill level in drawing and illustration with a high proficiency working in CAD design using Adobe CC, including Photoshop, Illustrator & In
- Previous experience or exposure to a Merchandise Buying Office will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, working closely with the product development and buying teams
- Design and a high expertise in Microsoft applications
- Able to communicate clearly and have a flexible and adaptable mindset
- Ability to interpret Childrenswear trends and present commercially viable recommendations
- Capability in presenting and articulating ideas, trends and insights, and accepting constructive feedback and alternate perspectives
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple priorities
Benefits to you:
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer products
- Invitations to sample sales
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Career growth and succession opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Programs
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time