Product Development Assistant
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 936668
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make
sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what
they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that
makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- An exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the Merchandise team working
with our Footwear Buying Team
- Exposure in direct sourcing as well as marketing and Omni channel
- Full time permanent role based in the Myer Support Office in Docklands
About the Role:
- Assist the buyer/developer in the ranging and development of seasonal product and brand initiatives including sample management, product specifications, fitting and material approvals and shipping sample approval
- Work closely with the category buyers assistant
- Liaise with suppliers to collate, photograph and manage samples for range reviews, online and advertising
- Manage the buying plan, inputting style information accurately and raising buy commitments to suppliers
- Manage positive and productive relationships with suppliers, store teams and internal stakeholders
- Tertiary education with a focus on design or merchandise management advantageous
- Previous experience or exposure to a Merchandise Buying Office will be highly regarded
- A background in retail or customer service is also desirable
- An ability to plan and prioritise own workload to effectively and consistently deliver on individual and team objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team and role model teamwork and collaboration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite – in particular, Excel
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, with strong attention to detail
Benefits to You:
- Invitations to sample sales
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer products
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Career growth and succession opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Programs
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time