Junior Merchandise Planner
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937171
Work type: Limited Tenure
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
We have two very exciting Junior Analysis & Planning Manager roles - the two categories hiring are: Cookware/Kitchenware & Babywear.
- 12-month limited tenure
- An exciting opportunity to further develop your career in planning
- Make an impact within a dynamic and collaborative team
- Ongoing training and development for your career progression
About the Role:
- Assist in the development and delivery of product strategies for the Buyerships under the leadership and guidance of the Analysis & Planning Manager
- Planning and analysis including; in-season and post season on supplier delivery performance and stock health; and in season reporting and analysis for the business on service levels
- Coordinate and present the MMR at an executive level and provide leadership and guidance to your team
- Accountability for trading a category or group of brands and take appropriate tactical activity relation to sales, profit, stock to drive business outcomes in conjunction with the buying team
- Provide accurate forecasting on key financial metrics and effectively communicate any risks based on sales trends, marketing and product performance
- Implementing appropriate tactical activities in relation to sales, profit, stock to drive business outcomes
- Be accountable for the financial work up & analysis in assortment planning & range build
- Collaborate with the Buyer to build and deliver a customer focused range and deliver on key metrics such as Sales, GP and option productivity
- Plan intake / stock levels to minimise stockholding but maximise sales opportunities and retain a fresh, new merchandise flow
- Oversee and mentor Allocation Analysts with regards to product performance including accountability for allocation and ordering process, item planning, allocation of advertised merchandise, inventory levels and stock turn, supplier delivery performance
- Solid experience in a Planner in Training role or similar is essential
- Experienced in analysing and interpreting data to make in-season and future recommendations
- Advanced communication and stakeholder management skills
- Acts as a Myer ambassador with suppliers and customers
- Have a clear understanding of our Customer first Strategy and implementation considerations
- Can confidently make recommendations and communicate with influence
- Have a flexible, open minded approach to achieving own objectives whilst supporting the achievement of broader team objectives
- Have advanced analytical, numerical and Microsoft Excel skills
- Have an appreciation of store demographics and the associated customer profiles and how these variables influence merchandise allocation
- Able to Manage expectations, communicate clearly and ensure that issues are escalated and managed appropriately
- Strong retail, financial and business acumen
Benefit to You:
- Team member discount
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Service Recognition
- Inspirational People Awards
- Career growth and succession opportunities across the business
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time