Senior Planner - Bed, Bath & Seasonal
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937381
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
This is an exciting Senior Planner opportunity, overseeing the Bed, Bath & Seasonal category. You will play a pivotal role by ensuring effective collaboration with the buying team, developing and delivering a compelling and profitable customer offer that drives the Myer Merchandise strategy. In addition, you will analyse business trends and performance to optimise inventory and sales profit outcomes for entire category and act as 2IC to Merchandise Planning Manager.
- Work partly from home!
- Make an impact within a high-performing team!
- An exciting opportunity to further develop your career within the Planning stream!
About the Role:
- Accountability for trading the category and implementing appropriate tactical activities in relation to sales, profit, stock to drive business outcomes
- Assist in the development of overarching TPC strategy in conjunction with the senior leadership buying teams and executive teams
- Clear understanding of the Myer Customer First Strategy and implementation considerations
- Coordinate and present the MMR at an executive level providing leadership and guidance to teams
- Provide accurate forecasting on key financial metrics and effectively communicate any risk based on sales trends, marketing and product performance
- Demonstrated understanding of the market, customer segmentation, trends and competitive landscape
- Planning and analysis including; in-season and post season analysis on supplier delivery performance, stock health and in season reporting and analysis for the business
- Collaboration with Buyer to build and deliver a customer focused range and delivers on key metrics such as Sales, GP and option productivity
- Lead team to high performance through regular and effective coaching, feedback, mentoring and training and development opportunities
- Actively deliver and monitor team development and succession plan strategies
- Seasoned experience as a Senior Planner in a leadership position, preferably within Retail
- Bachelor degree/diploma in one of the following fields would be preferable but not essential: Fashion Merchandise Management, Commerce, Marketing, Retail Management, Business Management, Economics, Commerce
- Retail, financial and business acumen
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Intermediate technology/computer skills
- Experience in planning systems would be desirable
- Ability to influence at an executive level
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a medium sized team
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer product
- The experience to work alongside industry pioneers
- Ongoing training and development for your career progression
- The opportunity to be a part of and contribute to the Myer growth strategy
If you are ready to make your mark within Australia's Largest Department store, don't miss this opportunity.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time