Finance Systems and Project Delivery Lead
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937434
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
Drive finance system agenda and process improvement requirements, while ensuring the integrity of our financial systems is maintained. Partner with Finance and Other Business Units on project delivery relating to Finance Systems to ensure the financial system and process requirements are understood and met.
- Lead a number of progressive projects across the business
- Based partly in the office and part remotely
- Build relationships with key Stakeholders across Myer
About the opportunity:
- Drive the finance systems agenda including evaluating existing finance systems and processes against current and future business requirements
- Lead the delivery of finance operational and process improvements via continuous development and improvement of system processes and automation
- Support the Finance Transformation Initiatives including the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of systems change or new systems
- Lead the Finance Systems function by ensuring that Myer’s financial systems are controlled, updated and reconciled in order to produce timely and accurate information
- Establish and maintain a detailed understanding of the systems, transactional flows, and their related accounting entries and process improvement when possible
- Partner with the Finance team in developing the framework for involvement in IT systems projects, particularly around solution design and the related accounting treatment, controls and general ledger entries, user acceptance testing and final implementation
- Assist in investigating & resolving interface file upload issues and unexpected outcomes of postings from interface files, manage SAP user profiles and reconciliations
- Maintain, administer and support key finance systems and any future replacement systems in accordance with established guidelines and audit requirements
- Highly developed knowledge, understanding and application in finance systems and administration applicable to a large retail environment
- Qualified accountant preferable with sound understanding of accounting policies and principles
- Strong knowledge in accounting operations – Accounts Receivables, Accounting Payables and General Ledger
- Solid Experience in SAP, TM1, Microstrategy, and Retek is preferable
- Experience in ERP migration is preferable
- Demonstrated knowledge and established project management skills in driving finance systems process evaluation and improvements within Finance and IT new systems
- Advanced Microsoft skills and analytical skills for large volumes of data
- Develop and maintain system materials, documentation and resources in transactions flows, process improvement and IT systems projects
Benefit to you:
- Team member discount
- Corporate discounts
- Inspirational People Awards
- Career growth and succession opportunities
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time