Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937448
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
We are searching for talented and highly motivated individuals who have a strong passion for the retail industry to join our Merchandise Buying Office as a Junior Buyer. The three categories recruiting are Bed Accessories/Bathroom, Women's Classic Footwear & Men's Formals.
This role would be best suited to a current Junior Buyer or a Buyer in Training that is looking to have end-to-end responsibility of their first Buyership.
About the Role:
- Develop and deliver product strategies for each brand in your portfolio, with direct links to Myer’s overall strategy.
- Manage complete range selection for your portfolio under the guidance of the Senior Category Buyer including marketing, budgeting, price architecture and sourcing new product and suppliers
- Apply strong negotiation skills to achieve optimal trading terms that deliver your commercial targets
- Understand the current business and market and look at key growth areas and opportunity for Myer
- Actively research current trends relevant to your portfolio
- Grow and develop and mentor your team
- An experience Junior Buyer or Buyer in Training with solid experience in a Merchandise Buying Office is essential
- Relevant Tertiary education
- Experience in trade marketing and negotiating skills
- A passion for products with experience in end to end ranging
- Ability to interpret in-season trends that are relevant to Myer
- Strong customer focus with a professional approach
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to handle working in a diverse and dynamic environment
- A team player with a 'can do attitude'
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing a small team (highly desirable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Benefits to You:
- Opportunity to work partly from home
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer products
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Career growth and succession opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Programs
Don’t miss this opportunity register your interest to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time