Job no: 937656
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Merchandise team as a Merchandise Planner, overseeing the Intimates, Sleep & Swim category.
Through effective collaboration with the buying team, you will play a pivotal role in developing and delivering a compelling and profitable customer offer that drives the Myer Merchandise strategy. In addition, you will analyse business trends and performance to optimise inventory and sales profit outcomes. You will support the Senior Analysis Planning Manager and Planning team, as well as being accountable for the end to end management, including financial performance.
- Hybrid working arrangements, working from home as well as our support office!
- An exciting opportunity to further develop your career within the Planning stream!
- Ongoing training and development for your career progression!
About the Role:
- Coordinate and present the MMR at an executive level providing leadership and guidance to teams
- Planning and analysis including; in-season and post season on supplier delivery performance and stock health; and in season reporting and analysis for the business on service levels
- Provide accurate forecasting on key financial metrics and effectively communicate any risks based on sales trends, marketing and product performance
- Accountability for trading the category and take appropriate tactical activity relation to sales, profit, stock to drive business outcomes in conjunction with the buying team
- Collaboration with Buyer to build and deliver a customer focused range and delivers on key metrics such as Sales, GP and option productivity
- Oversee Allocation Analysts with regards to product performance including accountability for allocation and ordering process, item planning, allocation of advertised merchandise, inventory levels and stock turn, supplier delivery performance (in collaboration with Buyers)
- Profitable management of the buyership (Sales; Profit; OTB; Stock)
- Strong experience in planning roles or retail equivalent, preferably with management experience
- Bachelor degree/diploma in one of the following fields would be preferable but not essential: Fashion Merchandise Management, Commerce, Marketing, Retail Management, Business Management, Economics or Commerce
- Expert on store demographics
- Sound retail, financial and business acumen
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Intermediate technology/computer skills
- Experience in planning systems is a bonus
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage small/medium sized teams
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer product
- The experience to work alongside industry pioneers
- Ongoing training and development for your career progression
- The opportunity to be a part of and contribute to the Myer growth strategy
If you are ready to make your mark within Australia's Largest Department store, don't miss this opportunity.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time