Job no: 937829
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Pacific Fair
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
Be part of a team who loves coming to work each day. A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work.
Australia’s most loved and trusted department store is more than a shopping destination. It is home to exclusive, partner and concession brands and a true Omni-retailer.
Lead Myer Pacific Fair with your strong people management and retail skills to optimise the overall financial performance of the store.
The Store Leadership team is responsible for delivering our Customer First strategy with strong leadership, driving of financial performance and identifying and implementing opportunities that are productive and profitable. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for day-to-day activities of the store including business operations and brand-partner relationships.
About the Opportunity.
- Be responsible for store strategy implementation, working closely with the leadership team
- Effectively execute the store plan and manage daily activities, evaluating and adapting tactics as needed to drive financial performance
- Lead the store to deliver positive customer experiences and drive your store’s financial performance, with particular focus on optimising productivity of space, merchandise and people
- Actively drive a high performance, customer focus and the service and selling culture in alignment to Myer values
- Allocate and manage store operational responsibilities and activities in a coordinated and collaborative manner
- Lead, empower, coach and develop your team to build organisational capability
- Encourage your store team to adapt to new ways of operating through effective communication and role modelling
- Retail management/store leadership experience is essential
- Demonstrated skill in evaluating and adapting operational tactics as needed to drive high performance
- Strong commitment to delivering positive customer experiences, with particular focus on optimising productivity of space, merchandise and people
- Advanced computer skills, with the ability to analyse data to highlight opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large retail team towards results
- Experience coaching retail managers to build organisational capability will be highly regarded
- A strong mix of both business and people management skills
- Proven ability to drive and exceed results, and to have strong operational strengths
Benefits to you
- Career development and progression opportunities
- A great range of discounts and Myer Team Member exclusive offers
- Access to volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave
- Service Recognition, Inspirational People Awards, and more!
To be considered for this position you will need to be available to work across our key store trading hours, including weekends and peak trading times.
More than just a shopping destination, don’t miss this opportunity to explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time