Risk & Safety Advisor - QLD
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 938513
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Brisbane City - Regional Office
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
Provide operational leadership and support to the Queensland sites and Management teams by collaborating with the business to manage workplace safety. This role is responsible for leading the implementation of the Myer safety management system, supporting sites in identifying and minimising safety risks and providing injury management support.
- Working operationally predominantly within and across our QLD stores including the Distribution Centre with the opportunity to work remotely from home
- Generous store discount
- Permanent Full time opportunity
About the opportunity:
- Provide Leadership, guidance and direction to the Queensland sites to support and implement the Zone Risk & Safety Strategy, achieve strategy objectives and safety targets.
- Train, coach and provide advice to sites in the creation of a safe work environment including implementation of the Myer Safety Management System and driving a positive safety culture
- Actively manage safety issues such as reported hazards, serious incident investigations and notifiable incidents to ensure timely corrective action is taken
- Evaluate and monitor the state’s safety performance and outcomes to ensure issues are identified timely action is taken to improve safety performance and drive continuous improvement
- Understand, monitor and manage safety, injury management and worker’s compensation legislative requirements for Queensland
- Improve people leader’s capability through coaching and delivery of safety and wellbeing training programs
- Support Queensland stores with WHS audits as part of the formal audit program
- Work with the stakeholders and claims managers to implement effective injury management strategies to improve return to work outcomes, reduce hours lost and mitigate claims costs
- Establish and maintain proactive communication with injured team members, their treating practitioners and other stakeholders to facilitate recovery and return to work.
- 5+ years experience in health and safety
- Relevant qualifications in a Safety-related field eg. OHS, Risk is essential (minimum Certificate IV)
- Accredited Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of safety regulatory frameworks relevant to the QLD jurisdiction
- Experience in Safety Auditing, with experience conducting audits is desirable
- Ability to work autonomously and complete work in a timely manner to a high standard
- Strong stakeholder and interpersonal management skills
- Highly developed written & verbal communication skills, analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational, time management & prioritisation skills
- Strong data management skills with intermediate skill level in excel
- Ability to problem-solve and identify solutions to non-routine problems and situations
- Completes work in a timely manner to expected standards
- Uses effective strategies to manage competing work priorities
- Current driver’s licence
Benefit to you:
- Generous team member discount
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Service Recognition
- Inspirational People Awards
- Career growth and succession opportunities
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time