Job no: 938774
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- Exciting opportunity within the Nursery Buying team, to play an integral role in supporting the Merchandise team
- Full time, permanent opportunity
- Work partly from our Support Office in Docklands, and party from home
Responsible and accountable for supporting the Category Buyer and the Category through maintaining the buy plan, BMW, product attributes, sample and buyership processes. A CBA performs master data registration, maintenance, and adhering to process hand-off points to ensure product information flow is timely and accurate. They also ensures that all aspects of all products are in line with company standards.
About the Role:
- Product management and maintenance, including but not limited to: Buying Master Workbook updates, sample management, product registration, and range book development and maintenance
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring products are registered, priced and advertised accurately
- Engage with relevant business stakeholders to co-ordinate the flow of product and information from suppliers to the support office to the stores and customer
- Responsible for ensuring all data entry from item registration, price and promotional data are registered and maintained correctly and in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Myer buying teams and relevant business stakeholders to ensure all business process and master data are processed accurately to meet the customer needs
- Support with system and administration related functions
- Assist in preparing weekly trade report ensuring all documents are completed, collated, printed and ready for Category Buyer/Planner prior to the trade review meeting
- Accountable for the end to end coordination of online product ranging from registration, imagery - if working in a private label, supplier communications, pricing and copy
- Assist Buyers with the Supplier Rebate process and be accountable for supplier communication, collection and submission to internal finance
- Support the end-to-end marketing process by completing key tasks including loading promotions, creating tickets for stores and ensure all product is photographed and ready for online
- Experience in Retail or Customer Service
- Interest in the Nursery/Toys categories
- Previous experience or exposure to a Merchandise Buying Office will be highly regarded
- Strong administration skills and excellent attention to detail
- Relevant Tertiary education (marketing, business, commerce) is desirable but not essential
- Strong customer focus with a professional approach
- Good planning and time management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skill in Outlook, Work, Excel, Powerpoint
- Confident using software programs
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- A team player with a 'can do attitude'
Benefits to you:
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Generous discounts on all Myer products
- Invitations to attend Myer's Sample sales
- A great sense of job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
- Career succession planning and opportunities for growth & development
Your application will be kept on file and we will be in contact should a suitable position matching your application become available. Please note that all Category Buyer Assistant positions are permanent full time positions (Monday – Friday) and are located at the Myer Support Office in Docklands, Victoria.
Click on the "Apply" button below to express you interest.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time