Product Developer Assistant Opportunities
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: PDAPDA
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
From humble beginnings in downtown Bendigo to supporting Australian communities far and wide- Myer has always been a special place, transcending beyond just a place to work.
Myer is a place for finding life-long friendships, a safe space with a big heart. Here, you’re encouraged to be yourself, share your ideas and are entrusted to deliver your very best. Some might even say it feels like being “right at home”
- Exciting opportunities within Product Development, to play an integral role in supporting the Merchandise team
- Opportunities within various categories across the business
- Hybrid working model, partly working remotely as well as our support office
About the Role:
- Assist the buyer/developer in the ranging and development of seasonal product and brand initiatives including sample management, artwork briefing, approvals for trims and lab dibs
- Work closely with designer and category buyers assistant
- Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team, including briefing technicians to develop accurate specs, qualities, trims and new styles as required
- Liaise with suppliers to collate, photograph and manage samples for range reviews, online, advertising, promotions
- Manage the buying plan, inputting style information accurately and raising buy commitments to suppliers
- Manage positive and productive relationships with suppliers, store teams and internal stakeholders
- Tertiary education in textiles with a focus on design or merchandise management advantageous
- Previous experience or exposure to a Merchandise Buying Office will be highly regarded
- A background in retail or customer service is also desirable
- An ability to plan and prioritise own workload to effectively and consistently deliver on individual and team objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team and role model teamwork and collaboration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite – in particular, Excel
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, with strong attention to detail
Benefits to You:
- A great working environment and flexible working options. This includes flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
- Invitations to sample sales
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer products
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Career growth and succession opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Programs
Your application will be kept on file and we will be in contact should a suitable position matching your application become available.
Here, you’re not only an employee. You’re a valued Team Member with real dreams that we want to help you chase, no matter how big or small. At Myer, we’re all about making your work life meaningful. We want you to experience life’s special moments fully, which is why we take pride in offering balance and flexible options to get you to where you want to be.
Wherever you are and wherever you’re going, we’ll meet you there and get you to your destination. With your enthusiasm and our support, we’re fully committed to helping you thrive and flourish. The future lies in your hands.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.