Job no: 939258
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Canberra, Belconnen, Bondi, Castle Hill, Chatswood, Eastgardens, Liverpool, Macquarie, Miranda, Parramatta, Sydney City, Carindale, Chermside, Indooroopilly, Maroochydore, North Lakes, Pacific Fair, Townsville, Tea Tree Plaza, Various Locations, Chadstone, Eastland, Fountain Gate, Highpoint, Northland, Southland, Carousel, Garden City, Joondalup, Perth City
From humble beginnings in downtown Bendigo to supporting Australian communities far and wide- Myer has always been a special place, transcending beyond just a place to work.
Myer is a place for finding life-long friendships, a safe space with a big heart. Here, you’re encouraged to be yourself, share your ideas and are entrusted to deliver your very best. Some might even say it feels like being “right at home”.
We are currently seeking Loss Prevention Officers, to work within our Myer stores. The successful candidates will be responsible for reducing shrinkage by detecting and deterring theft, ensuring efficient and compliant loss prevention activities and supporting the Selling & Service Team Members in delivering service excellence.
- Full-time Permanent positions (Business hours - 2 week ongoing roster)
- Huge career progression opportunity to develop and grow in roles across our greater Retail Loss team
- Ongoing development, coaching and training to progress into Loss Prevention Covert Officers!
About the Role:
- Support the achievement of the store’s shrinkage financial imperatives and strategic objectives
- Advocate and action national shrinkage reduction tactics
- Educate retail team members on Loss prevention strategy, focuses, actions, results and processes
- Ensure building and team security including providing a visible Loss Prevention presence and utilisation of store technology (CCTV, merchandise protection, source tagging, etc.) and other related activities
- Maintenance of Loss Prevention administration and reporting
- Conducting Loss Prevention and Compliance checks
- Identification and communication of shrinkage trends and issues
- Liaise and maintain professional relationships with local police and centre security
- Investigation of loss prevention risks and incident, including attending Court a witness where needed and generally supporting police activity relevant to criminal incidents
- Policy compliant Apprehension of offenders.
- Hold a current Security License and First-aid Certificate
- Experience relative to loss prevention, security and customer service advantageous
- Certificate II in Security Operations
- Understanding and application of policies and procedures
- Experience with computer applications
- Numeracy skills with understanding of financials
- Understanding of Police procedures
Benefits to You:
- Career progression & ongoing development! We pride ourselves on our career success stories which stem from great culture and ongoing development.
- We give back! Our Myer Community Fund raises and donates approximately 1.5 million dollars each year to support the work of our charity 60+ partners.
- We have great discounts! On all our products, in store and online.
- We're at the forefront of technology! We have leading tech that supports all parts of our business.
- Envious Culture! Be apart of the fun and supportive Retail Loss team at Myer.
Here, you’re not only an employee. You’re a valued Team Member with real dreams that we want to help you chase, no matter how big or small. At Myer, we’re all about making your work life meaningful. We want you to experience life’s special moments fully, which is why we take pride in offering balance and flexible options to get you to where you want to be.
Wherever you are and wherever you’re going, we’ll meet you there and get you to your destination. With your enthusiasm and our support, we’re fully committed to helping you thrive and flourish. The future lies in your hands.
To register your interest, APPLY NOW!
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time