Job no: 940981
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
From humble beginnings in downtown Bendigo to supporting Australian communities far and wide- Myer has always been a special place, transcending beyond just a place to work.
Myer is a place for finding life-long friendships, a safe space with a big heart. Here, you’re encouraged to be yourself, share your ideas and are entrusted to deliver your very best. Some might even say it feels like being “right at home”.
- Mid-level opportunity to join a national brand
- Be part of a team that uses and gains exposure to a modern tech stack
- Flexible hybrid working and convenient Docklands Office
The Automation Engineer contributes to the delivery and support of software capabilities. They play an active role within a cross-functional team planning and executing technical change in line with an overarching set of standards and practices. They will hold a critical role to help execute the charter of how we can make our software development process more efficient to deliver features faster that make our customers happy. This role plays a key role in increasing the test coverage across all supported platforms and following best practices thus helping teams to ship high-quality code in less time.
About the role:
- Create and maintain functional automation tests at the user-interface and API tiers
- Maintain tooling to identify test failure points, reduce flaky tests and enable management take go/no-go release decisions based on agreed quality metrics
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of your team’s automation state in development, testing and deployment, and continuous testing best practices
- Contribute to the readiness of work including discovery, technical design, story articulation, and effort estimations
- Keep abreast of the latest technology advances to inform product and technical design
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of products, technology, process, and team
- At least 4 years of experience in test planning, execution, and UI/API automation.
- Solid skills with UI automation using Playwright automation with TypeScript and Selenium.
- Prior Work experience in version control tools like GitLab.
- Prior experience working with cloud technologies like AWS API Gateway, CloudFront, and Lambda would be a bonus.
- Proficient with at least one programming language – Ruby, Typescript or Java Script.
- Someone who embraces agile philosophy and preferably completed relevant certification on agile processes and methods.
- Someone who has done automation as part of their daily job in a product development team.
- Prior work experience with automated testing using CI/CD methodologies and worked on Jenkins or similar tools.
- Very strong communication skills, adaptable to technical and non-technical audiences.
Benefits to you:
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer products, including team-member exclusive discounts
- Access to lifestyle leave and volunteer leave – arrange work around your life, not life around work!
- A supportive leadership and team network to set you up for success
- Career growth and succession opportunities across the business
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed above.
We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, whether it’s gender, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability and neurodiversity. We encourage candidates to ask for any adjustments that will support them to be their best through the recruitment process.
Here, you’re not only an employee. You’re a valued Team Member with real dreams that we want to help you chase, no matter how big or small. At Myer, we’re all about making your work life meaningful. We want you to experience life’s special moments fully, which is why we take pride in offering balance and flexible options to get you to where you want to be.
Wherever you are and wherever you’re going, we’ll meet you there and get you to your destination. With your enthusiasm and our support, we’re fully committed to helping you thrive and flourish. The future lies in your hands.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time