Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 931041
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match the job and role in which they work. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
- Join a truly Omni first business committed to continually growing and evolving the digital strategy and roadmap
- An opportunity that has great scope, to influence and improve the lives and experience of all our customers, and accelerates innovation across the organisation
You will get to;
- Solve complex problems and build reliable, scalable and maintainable applications that help our business grow
- Build delightful online customer experiences to make Myer the most loved shopping experience
- Work with self-organising agile teams, improve team efficiency and deliver high-quality experiences
- Drive quality and improve the testability of system architecture for the online business
- Play an active role leading a cross functional, highly engaged team and focus on planning and executing technical change
- Learn new stuff, have fun and grow your career
About the role
- Drive engineering excellence across the broader software development group through application of industry best-practice and through approaches like t-shaping, pairing, test-driven development and chapter meetings.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology advances to inform product and technical design.
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of products, technology, process and team.
- Promote a Lean / Agile culture by building in quality, optimising the whole, self-documenting code and quality being everyone's responsibility.
- Build software deployment pipelines that facilitate high quality solutions that meet the needs of our users and align with relevant standards and practices.
- Relevant experience as a Dev Ops Engineer
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and ability to build consensus across teams
- Experience working in an agile and devops environment to establish strong technical standards, practices and frameworks
- A passion for technology, learning, and finding the best solution.
- Very strong communication skills, adaptable to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with infrastructure as code testing methods and tools.
- Experience with:
- Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Packer and Nexus
- Linux skills including shell scripting
- AWS (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Cloudformation, API gateway, vpc creation load balancers, auto scaling groups, Cloudwatch Logging, Cloudfront)
- Preferable - Retail experience
Benefit to you:
- Team member discount
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Service Recognition
- Inspirational People Awards
- Career growth and succession opportunities across the business
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time