Product Development Assistant
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 933538
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
Become part of our transformation journey, and we’ll help you write your own future.
- An exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the Merchandise team working with our Myer Exclusive Brands in Childrenswear across Tilii & Origami
- Exposure to product development, direct & overseas sourcing as well as marketing and Omni channel
- Full time permanent role based in the Myer Support Office in Docklands
About the role:
- Assist the buyer/developer in the ranging and development of seasonal product and brand initiatives including sample management, artwork briefing, approvals for trims, lab dibs and qualities
- Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team, including briefing technicians to develop accurate specs, qualities, trims and new styles as required
- Support with marketing and advertising administration, including managing advertising samples, negotiating on time deliveries with suppliers and store communication of advertising
- Liaise with suppliers to collate and manage samples for range reviews, online, advertising and promotions.
- Be across all compliance and safety regulations
- Initiate and manage Buying commitment workbook, ensure all SKUs are input into the Myer system efficiently and correctly, promotion and pricing updates, delivery updates, ensure all buying systems and tools are up to date
- Manage positive and productive relationships with suppliers, store teams and internal stakeholders
- Tertiary education in textiles with a focus on design or merchandise management advantageous
- A strong product eye with previous experience or exposure to a Merchandise Buying Office will be highly regarded
- A background in retail and customer service is also desirable
- An ability to plan and prioritise own workload to effectively and consistently deliver on individual and team objectives
- Ability to communicate effectively with the team and role model teamwork and collaboration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite – in particular, Excel
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, with strong attention to detail
Benefits to you:
- Invitations to sample sales
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer products
- Volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave available
- Career growth and succession opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Programs
Don’t miss this opportunity to show your talent and explore the great career path at Myer.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time