Job no: 933545
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Melbourne City
Myer people are passionate, dedicated, adaptable and not afraid to have a bit of fun. From our customers to the teams that serve them, people are our number one priority.
If you're looking for a diverse team driven by strong, approachable leaders in a fun and dynamic environment, this could be the role for you!
- Department Manager at Myer Melbourne City
- Full-time, permanent opportunities
- Store leadership positions within Homewares and Cosmetics
What does a Myer Department Manager do?
Internally known as a Customer Service Manager, our CSMs are the leaders of the store selling team, working both behind the scenes and on the selling floor. By engaging closely with our Team Members, they provide key communications and daily coaching to inspire the achievement of personal and store success.
Creating a fun, supportive and customer-focused culture, as a CSM you will motivate and equip your Team Members to deliver exceptional service.
What will you need to succeed?
With experience as a retail sales leader in Homewears or the Cosmetics/Beauty industry, you will lead by example to ensure Myer is Australia's favourite department store. In addition, you will have:
- Experience managing retail teams of 10+ staff (essential)
- Outstanding customer service and merchandising skills and standards
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve budget and KPI results
- Performance management experience
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- A love of retail and commitment to inspiring others with your passion
What’s in it for you?
- Career development and progression opportunities
- A great range of discounts and Myer Team Member exclusive offers
- Access to volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave
- Service Recognition, Inspirational People Awards, and more!
To be considered for this position you will need to be available to work across our key store trading hours, including weekends and peak trading times.
More than just a shopping destination, don’t miss this opportunity to explore a great career path at Myer.
Please note: Applicants will be provided with an update/outcome in May 2019.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time