Category Buyer - Appliances
Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937721
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
In alignment with the Myer Merchandise strategy and Customer First plan, as the Category Buyer for Appliances, you will develop, buy and execute a category plan that delivers a compelling and profitable merchandise range that puts the customer first. In addition, you will actively support the Senior Buyer/Category Manager and General Manager, as well as being accountable for the end-to-end management for the Appliances category.
- Exciting portfolio overseeing Appliances!
- Opportunity to partly Work from Home!
- An exciting opportunity to further develop your career within the Buying stream!
About the Role:
- Apply advanced negotiation skills to deliver optimised trading terms that deliver commercial targets
- Accountable for sourcing, analysing and delivering a new brand strategy and brand management
- Accountable for financial performance including budgets and pricing
- Executing marketing and communications strategy specific to category and in line with the Myer Strategy
- Establishing good supplier relationships to drive brand performance and deliver on key metrics
- Lead teams to high performance through regular and effective coaching, feedback, mentoring and training and development opportunities
- Actively deliver and monitor team development and succession plan strategies
- Accountable for end-to-end execution of category from product selection, order placement and financial performance to deliver key metrics
- Accountable for range execution including marketing, packaging, store planning and visual merchandising
- Preparation, collation and presentation at Trade Reviews providing strategic direction at a Senior Executive level
- Develop and execute our Myer Exclusive Brands in line with our brand DNA including order placement, financial performance of the business and end to end management of the production cycle
- Research product trends, advancements and competitive landscape to improve sales including identify and determining key trends and providing direction on which trends are brand relevant
- Seasoned experience in a Buyer role
- Bachelor degree/diploma in one of the following fields would be preferable but not essential: Fashion Textiles and Merchandising, Fashion Merchandise Management, Commerce, Marketing, Retail Management, Business Management, Economics
- Advanced trend analysis and ability to implement according to strategy
- Aware of competitive landscape
- Retail, financial and business acumen
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Ability to develop strong internal and external relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage small/medium sized teams
- Generous team member discounts on all Myer product
- The experience to work alongside industry pioneers
- Ongoing training and development for your career progression
- The opportunity to be a part of and contribute to the Myer growth strategy
If you are ready to make your mark within Australia's Largest Department store, don't miss this opportunity.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time