Job no: 933645
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
Become part of our transformation journey, and we’ll help you write your own future.
The Group Finance Manager is a senior leadership role in the financial management and control of the business. The Group Finance Manager will drive efforts that deliver simplification to finance operations and is a trusted advisor to the business on treasury and financing operations, cash flow management, transactional finance process excellence, insurance, and other commercial improvement initiatives.
There is also scope for this role to take an active role in investor relations activity, so experience in this area will be looked on highly favourably. The role is a senior part of the finance leadership team and reports to the Group General Manager Finance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead process improvement for finance through identification of business/opportunities and working with the finance team, business, IT and external parties to identify solutions and deliver the finance simplification strategy
- Management of the Treasury function, relationships and products
- Effective cash flow management and working capital improvement activities
- Development and management of the Transactional Finance Centre of Excellence incorporating transactional and repeatable finance activities of the Group
- Management of the Group Insurance function
- Investor Relations activity (where experience is applicable)
- Management of relationships with external parties including the banking syndicate, insurers, legal advisers, and others as required to support business initiatives.
- Communicate with the Executive Management Team and the Audit and Financial Risk Committee
- Support to other functions including Financial Reporting/Myer Legal and Company Secretary/Risk and Internal Audit
About you - to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 10 years relevant experience, preferably in a large or listed corporate environment
- Proven experience and a passion for leading successful finance simplification and transformation projects
- Highly developed knowledge, understanding and experience running treasury operations.
- Ability to mentor, lead and further develop large (10+ FTE) group finance, and transactional finance teams to achieve excellent outcomes
- Commercial experience that can be applied to critical business areas such as insurance
- Proven ability to provide strategic and practical finance partnership to business projects, operations, and at a governance level
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, working understanding of finance systems
- Experience delivering effective investor relations activity
If you thrive in an environment that is often demanding, are confident, motivated and able to create an environment by which you and your team are seen as trusted advisors in all matters relating to Finance. Lead and maintain a team culture that thrives on success and delivering efficient working practices.
Benefits to you:
- Generous Team Member discounts on all Myer products
- A supportive leadership team
- A great sense of job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
Want to make a difference? Apply now!
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia. Further information can be obtained from the Australian Department of Immigration.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time