Job no: CBA
Work type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Support Office - Docklands
From humble beginnings in downtown Bendigo to supporting Australian communities far and wide- Myer has always been a special place, transcending beyond just a place to work.
Myer is a place for finding life-long friendships, a safe space with a big heart. Here, you’re encouraged to be yourself, share your ideas and are entrusted to deliver your very best. Some might even say it feels like being “right at home”
- Exciting opportunities within the Buying stream, to play an integral role in supporting the Merchandise team
- Opportunities within various categories
- Hybrid working model, partly working remotely as well as our support office
Responsible and accountable for supporting the Category Buyer and the Category through maintaining the buy plan, BMW, product attributes, sample and buyership processes. A CBA performs master data registration, maintenance, and adhering to process hand-off points to ensure product information flow is timely and accurate. They also ensures that all aspects of all products are in line with company standards.
About the Role:
- Product management and maintenance, including but not limited to: Buying Master Workbook updates, sample management, product registration, and range book development and maintenance
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring products are registered, priced and advertised accurately
- Engage with relevant business stakeholders to co-ordinate the flow of product and information from suppliers to the support office to the stores and customer
- Responsible for ensuring all data entry from item registration, price and promotional data are registered and maintained correctly and in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Myer buying teams and relevant business stakeholders to ensure all business process and master data are processed accurately to meet the customer needs
- Support with system and administration related functions
- Assist in preparing weekly trade report ensuring all documents are completed, collated, printed and ready for Category Buyer/Planner prior to the trade review meeting
- Accountable for the end to end coordination of online product ranging from registration, imagery - if working in a private label, supplier communications, pricing and copy
- Assist Buyers with the Supplier Rebate process and be accountable for supplier communication, collection and submission to internal finance
- Support the end-to-end marketing process by completing key tasks including loading promotions, creating tickets for stores and ensure all product is photographed and ready for online
- Experience in Retail or Customer Service
- Strong administration skills and excellent attention to detail
- Relevant Tertiary education (fashion, marketing, business, commerce) is desirable but not essential
- Strong customer focus with a professional approach
- Good planning and time management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skill in Outlook, Work, Excel, Powerpoint
- Confident using software programs
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- A team player with a 'can do attitude
Previous experience or exposure to a Merchandise Buying Office will be highly regarded
Benefits to you:
- A great working environment and flexible working options. This includes flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
- Generous discounts on all Myer products
- Invitations to attend Myer's Sample sales
- A great sense of job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
- Career succession planning and opportunities for growth & development
Your application will be kept on file and we will be in contact should a suitable position matching your application become available. Please note that all Category Buyer Assistant positions are permanent full time positions (Monday – Friday) and are located at the Myer Support Office in Docklands, Victoria.
Here, you’re not only an employee. You’re a valued Team Member with real dreams that we want to help you chase, no matter how big or small. At Myer, we’re all about making your work life meaningful. We want you to experience life’s special moments fully, which is why we take pride in offering balance and flexible options to get you to where you want to be.
Wherever you are and wherever you’re going, we’ll meet you there and get you to your destination. With your enthusiasm and our support, we’re fully committed to helping you thrive and flourish. The future lies in your hands.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time