Job no: 941213
Work type: Permanent / Full time
From humble beginnings in downtown Bendigo to supporting Australian communities far and wide - Myer has always been a special place, transcending beyond just a place to work.
Myer is a place for finding life-long friendships, a safe space with a big heart. Here, you’re encouraged to be yourself, share your ideas and are entrusted to deliver your very best. Some might even say it feels like being “right at home”.
Be part of the Myer Miranda leadership team as the Customer Service Manager, lead Service & Selling teams to success by delivering superior customer service to make profitable sales. Be responsible for championing our Customer First Plan, managing day-to-day operations and driving sales. Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager and supported by the leadership team, you will manage, lead and mentor teams across various departments.
- Join the leadership team at Myer Miranda
- Drive sales and lead team performance
- Opportunities for succession planning and further development
About The Role:
- Manage the daily activities of your team and business to drive financial performance
- Optimise the productivity of the team by leveraging workforce management
- Drive high performance, customer focused service and selling culture through role modelling, communication, feedback and recognition
- Maximise the team’s service and selling activities by effective management and delegation to minimise operational activities
- Lead, empower and inspire your team with a consistent focus on developing the next generation of Myer leaders
- Maximise time spent on selling floor to lead and manage the business, understand the customer, coach and support the team and embed new initiatives and ways of operating
- Previous experience as a retail manager, area manager or similar
- People leadership skills with a 'hands-on' approach are essential
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve sales and meet KPI's
- Experience in performance management will be highly regarded
- Superior customer service and selling skills
- Strong retail, financial and business acumen
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently on prioritising and meeting deadlines
Benefits to you:
- Become a leader within one of Australia’s most-loved department stores
- Career development and progression opportunities
- A great range of discounts and Myer Team Member exclusive offers
- Access to volunteer, parental and lifestyle leave
- Service Recognition, Inspirational People Awards, and more!
Our management teams work across key store trading hours, including extended/peak trade (e.g. Black Friday and Christmas-New Years).
Here, you’re not only an employee. You’re a valued Team Member with real dreams that we want to help you chase, no matter how big or small. At Myer, we’re all about making your work life meaningful. We want you to experience life’s special moments fully, which is why we take pride in offering balance and flexible options to get you to where you want to be.
Wherever you are and wherever you’re going, we’ll meet you there and get you to your destination. With your enthusiasm and our support, we’re fully committed to helping you thrive and flourish. The future lies in your hands.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time