Back to search results Apply now
Job no: 937450
Work type: Limited Tenure
Location: Support Office - Docklands
Work is a whole lot better when you love what you do, we know that. That’s why we make sure that the loves and interests of our people match their responsibilities. We take what they love, and we let them live it.
So, do you want to be part of a team who loves coming to work each day? A team that makes Myer a great place to shop, and an even greater place to work?
Reporting into the Program Manager, this role is accountable for the development and empowerment of a high performing product development team within the online portfolio. With a focus on facilitating agile principles to drive the delivery of excellence through advocacy of continuous improvement, self-organisation and accountability.
- Work part remotely and partly from our Docklands based Support Office
- 12 Month Fixed Term
- Make your mark as a valued member of our Delivery Team
- Work in the digital / online retail space
About the Opportunity:
- Be accountable for establishing and supporting team delivery using best-fit agile processes, ceremonies and cadences
- Drive the uplift of team knowledge and practice in agile principles and processes, in particular accountability, transparency, inspection, robust planning, building quality and continuous improvement
- Ensure agile ceremonies are conducted correctly and at a regular frequency fit for the team
- Manage delivery impediments, including associated risks and issues in delivery to avoid impacting delivery commitments and post delivery
- Monitor and report on the progress towards sprint goals
- Ensure the team remains focused on priorities and aligned to strategy and roadmaps, and that backlog and release plans are regularly maintained
- Build strong, trusted relationships with stakeholder groups, and within the team by helping the team to make their work transparent, and managing change as issues arise
- Liaise with other IT and business teams to ensure dependencies between teams are understood and managed
- Seasoned experience in an appropriate industry (retail would be ideal)
- Prior experience at a mid to senior level in a Scrum Master role with relevant certification is essential
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology and/or Business, or equivalent industry experience is desirable
- Proven delivery track record using agile framework and ways of working
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams including offshore
- Hands on experience in agile practices, tools and techniques, i.e. collaboration, work breakdown, automated testing, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Sound knowledge of how information and technology contributes to business performance
- Working knowledge of retail information technology and technology industry trends and issues
- Facilitation experience and ability to facilitate, or mentor others, to facilitate agile ceremonies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation and influencing skills
- High level of flexibility with the ability to adapt to change and instil growth mindset in team
Benefits to you:
- Generous Team Member discounts on all Myer products
- Invitations to sample sales and silent auctions on designer goods
- Access to corporate discounts
- A supportive leadership and team network
- A great sense of achievement and job satisfaction for your dedication and work ethic
*Please note this role is known in the business as the Iteration Manager
More than just a shopping destination, don’t miss this opportunity to explore the great career path at Myer.
Aust. Working Rights: To be eligible to apply for this job, you must have Australian working rights. For further information contact the Australian Department of Immigration.
Equal Opp. Employer: We pride ourselves on the diversity of the people who work at Myer, representing the community in which we serve.
Agency note: Myer Pty Ltd does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. Any candidates submitted in an unsolicited manner, will be considered a direct candidate application to Myer and no fee will be payable.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time